Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Two Arms

There are times when two arms are not enough.   Two nights ago the boys had just went down for the night.   Adam decided that he needed mommy, I usually do not give in to these demands but there was something in his cry that made me turn into mush.   I went right in to go rescue him from his crib.  Although I tried to be very sly, Nathan spotted us.   As soon as I laid down with Adam in our bed, Nathan begin calling for me.   

The soft calls soon turned into the high pitched freaked out cry "Mommy UP"  Okay deep breath time.  Daddy will get him.   His cries continued.   Daddy did get him, but my heart was breaking.   They both wanted me.  And I needed them both.   I had Adam calmed down, but more than anything I wanted my Nathan sleeping on me too.   I tried like the brave twin mommy I am to have this happen.  Of course they start talking to each other, and soon I am half asleep with four little footsteps  all around.  

They are more than one armful, and two arms were not enough. 

No comments:

Post a Comment